Ideal for podcasters who need mix-minus functionality when taking calls, and perfect for singers and musicians, the third-generation Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 is a 4×4 USB audio interface offering high-performance hardware, customizable mic tone, and a creative software bundle. The two improved Scarlett microphone preamps feature switchable phantom power, input pads, and selectable Air circuits, which add brightness based on Focusrite’s legendary ISA preamplifier. The two XLR-1/4″ combo inputs can also accept unbalanced instrument level from guitars, basses, synthesizers, or drum machines, or balanced line level from a mixing console or outboard preamps. The rear panel sports two additional fixed-level 1/4″ inputs to accommodate more line-level sources.
The 24-bit / 192 kHz converters ensure that signals are captured and reproduced with detail and clarity. With four balanced 1/4″ line outputs, a 1/4″ stereo headphone jack, and independent control of the headphone and speaker volume settings, the Scarlett 4i4 can simultaneously feed multiple monitoring systems or outboard effects processors. The virtual loopback function empowers podcasters with an easy mix-minus setup for taking calls without the caller being distracted by a delayed audio return signal.
Traditional 5-pin MIDI I/O is provided for seamless integration of MIDI equipment such as a keyboard or sound module. Since the Scarlett 4i4 is powered via USB, you can take it anywhere your Mac or Windows computer can go. The extensive software bundle includes music production software, virtual instruments, plug-in effects, loops, and more—plenty of tools to kick-start your inspiration.
High-performance converters operate at up to 24-bit / 192 kHz resolution
Two XLR-1/4″ combo inputs with upgraded third-generation Scarlett mic preamps
Switchable Air setting reproduces the Air effect of Focusrite’s original ISA mic preamp for vocal recordings with enhanced brightness and openness
- Avid® Pro Tools® | First Focusrite Creative Pack: hundreds of virtual instrument sounds, 500MB of loops, and great-sounding effects
- Ableton® Live Lite™: industry-leading music-making software
- Three Month Splice Sounds Subscription: Get access to millions of high-quality, royalty-free one-shots, loops, and presets, with new releases daily
- XLN Audio Addictive Keys: cAccess one of four virtual keyboards when you register your first piece of Focusrite or Novation hardware.
- Softube Time and Tone Bundle: three of Softube’s world class reverb, delay and distortion plug-ins, and an an easy-to-use mastering tool
- Focusrite Red Plug-in Suite: accurately models our classic Red 2 equaliser and Red 3 compressor
- Focusrite Plug-in Collective: receive free versions of the most innovative software, as well as benefiting from discounts
- Focusrite Control: route your audio and cue mix, loopback and monitor mixes, from your Mac®, PC, iPad®, iPhone® or iPod touch
- Two high-impedance, high-headroom 1/4″ instrument inputs enable distortion-free recording of your guitar and bass
- Front-panel 1/4″ inputs may be switched to accept unbalanced instrument level or balanced line level
- Independent gain knobs with gain halo metering make it easy to set input levels for channels 1-2
- Selectable pads for inputs 1-2 attenuate the input signal to inhibit distortion
- 1/4″ inputs 3-4 on the rear panel accept balanced line-level signal without gain control
- One pair of virtual loopback inputs allows you to capture a stereo feed of any combination of hardware input and software playback channels, making podcasting, live streaming, and sampling tasks easier
- Four balanced 1/4″ TRS line outputs for feeding active monitors, headphone amps, or outboard effects
- Stereo 1/4″ headphone output
- Independent volume controls for headphone and monitor outputs
- Traditional 5-pin MIDI I/O provides straightforward connectivity for a MIDI keyboard, synthesizer, or sound module
- Durable housing is compact, lightweight, and portable
- Powered via USB (no batteries or AC adapter required)
What's in the box
- Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 USB Audio Interface (3rd Generation)
- USB Type-C to USB Type-A Cable