The PSR-E473 features 61 touch-sensitive, full-size keys that sense hard and soft playing and match the dynamics of each key stroke to accurately capture every nuance of your playing style. You can enjoy a full range of instruments with 820 high-quality acoustic and synth sounds, including a high-resolution grand piano. The built-in 290 auto-accompaniment styles provide real-time band backing tracks based on the chords you play and in a variety of musical genres from around the world such as pop, rock, dance, jazz, R&B, salsa, and more. The keyboard can be powered either via six AA batteries (available separately) or by the included power adapter.
Unique Playing Experience with Live Controls
- Two assignable knobs allow you to manipulate various effects and parameters on sounds, auto accompaniment, and more in real time, just like on an analog synthesizer.
- Modify the sounds in your performance with Filter, Pitch, and Modulation effects while holding the Motion Effect button.
- The pitch-bend wheel adjusts the pitch of the sound, adding expressivity to sounds like the guitar, sax, and trumpet.
- Hold down the Articulation button to reproduce the sounds of playing techniques that are unique to specific acoustic instruments like guitars, flutes, sax, slap bass, and more.
- Direct Category Access buttons let you instantaneously access the sounds and accompaniments you prefer for the musical genre of your choice.
820 High-Quality Sounds with 64-Note Polyphony
- 820 high-quality instrument sounds including 294 panel voices, 28 drum/SFX kits, and 458 XGlite voices, all with 64-note polyphony.
- Layer Mode: Not only can you play just one single sound, but you can layer a second sound over the first sound.
- Split Mode: You can play one sound on the left hand and a different sound on the right hand.
Real-Time Backing Tracks
- 290 auto-accompaniment styles provide real-time band backing tracks (rhythm + bass + chord accompaniment) that you can control by simply playing root notes or chords with your left hand.
- Smart Chord technology allows players of all levels to achieve complex chord harmony using only a few fingers, driving the Style engine to produce incredible-sounding ensemble accompaniments.
Capture Sounds and Play Them Back on Your Keyboard
With Quick Sampling samples can be captured using the aux input, microphone input, or onboard USB audio interface, and played back as part of your performance.
- Capture, edit, and playback up to 4 samples, max 9.6 sec/sample.
- Normal: The pitch of the sound varies depending on the key you play.
- Loop: The sample is played in a loop without changing the pitch.
- One-shot: The sample is played only once without changing the pitch.
Create Music Like a DJ
With Groove Creator, you can lay down a beat, tweak the groove, adjust the mix, and create music like a DJ. Choose from 152 arpeggio phrases with the press of a single key, and quickly capture your inspiration with the 6-track MIDI recorder.
- Create your own groove with intro, section change, and musical climax. By turning each track on/off, altering sections, or adding various effects using the live control knobs you have real-time control of your own EDM tracks.
- Once you have made a track you like, you can save it to a USB device as an audio file.
Plug in a Microphone and a Portable Music Player
- The 1/4″ microphone input allows you to connect a microphone, so you can sing along while you play, hear your voice through the instrument’s speakers, and even record your performance to USB audio. The built-in Melody Suppressor lowers the volume of vocals and melody lines of the original recordings, leaving that part open for you to play or sing.
- The 3.5mm aux input allows you to connect your portable music player, Android/iOS device, mixer, or computer and uses the instrument’s speakers to play back the audio and jam along your favorite songs.
Powerful 12W Speaker System with Mega Boost
- The 6W+6W amplifiers power the high-definition speakers, delivering electrifying, crystal-clear sound, and offering solid support in standalone performance situations. The Mega Boost function lets you greatly increase your sound level by +6 dB at the press of a button.
- Plug in headphones for quiet play at any time.
USB MIDI and USB Audio Interface for Connecting to Your Computer
- The USB to Host terminal allows you to connect the keyboard to a computer or portable device and record MIDI or 16-bit / 44.1 kHz high-quality stereo audio without the need for an additional interface.
- Record your performances to USB flash drives. The USB to Device port lets you load and save your settings and songs to a USB flash drive, as well as transfer data from your computer.
What's in the box
- Yamaha PSR-E473 61-Key Touch-Sensitive Portable Keyboard.
- Music Rest.
- Yamaha PA150C AC Adaptor.
- Limited 1-Year Manufacturers Warranty.
- Number of keys: 61.
- Touch Response: Soft, Medium, Hard, Fixed.
- Other Controllers:
- Pitch Bend Wheel: Yes
- Language: English.
- Tone Generation Technology: AWM Stereo Sampling
- Polyphony (max.): 64
- Number of Voices: 820 (294 Panel Voices + 28 Drums/SFX Kits + 40 Arpeggio + 458 XGlite Voices.
- Compatibility: GM, XGlite
- Reverb: 12
- Chorus: 5
- Master EQ: 4
- DSP: DSP1:41, DSP2:12
- Number of Styles: 290
- Fingering: Multi- Finger, Smart Chord
- External Styles: 10
- Other Features: One Touch Setting, Style File Format
- Number of Grooves: 35
- Number of Sections: 5 (4 Sections + 1 musical Climax/Ending)
- Number of Preset Songs: 30
- Number of Songs: 10
- Number of Tracks: 6 (5 Melody +1 Style/Groove Creator)
- Data Capacity: Approx. 19,000 notes (when only “melody” tracks are recorded
- Data Format – Playback: SMF Formats 0 & 1
- Data Format – Recording: Original File Format (SMF 0 conversion function).
USB Audio Recorder
- Recording Time: 80 min (approx. 0.9GB) per song
- Playback/Recording: WAV( 44.1kHz 16 bit stereo).
- Sampling Type: Oneshot, Loop
- Samples (Preset/User): 4
- Sampling Time: Approx 9.6sec
- Sampling Sources: AUX IN, MIC INPUT, USB audio interface, WAV format files
- Sampling Format: Original File Format (16 bit, stereo)
- Sampling Rate: 44.1 kHz.
- Dual: Yes
- Split: Yes
- Harmony: 26
- Arpeggio: 152
- Articulation: Yes