The 3632 Compressor from Alesis is an update of their ubiquitous 3630 compressor that was a fixture in many project studios, touring rigs, and even professional studios. It provides two independent, full-featured compressor/limiters in a single space rack-mount chassis and delivers sonic quality for any application, from studio recording, to live sound or broadcast.
The unit’s attack and release times can be set to function automatically depending on the source signal, applying an optimized amount of compression with no extremes. Full manual control over the 3632’s comprehensive range of parameters is also available, and the unit can function as either two individual mono processors, or stereo-linked to provide true stereo compression.
A VCA (Voltage-Controlled Amplifier) offers smooth and consistent professional-grade performance in terms of distortion, noise and temperature stability. Per channel sidechain functions allow for using external effects or for using the unit for ducking applications. A second, internal sidechain employs a switchable low-cut filter to help control pumping due to heavy low-frequency content.
Constant visual feedback is provided by bright LED meters that display gain reduction and input/output levels per channel.
- Stereo compressor/expander/limiter/gate for complete dynamics management
- Couple Switch (link) for a one-touch selection between two mono channels and stereo-linked operation
- Sidechain send and return for use in an external effects loop
- Switchable low-cut filter minimizes audio-program pumping triggered by kick drum
- Gain-reduction LEDs and switchable input/output-level LED meters for visual monitoring of critical values
- Bypass switches on both channels