The AudioBox 44VSL from Presonus is a portable 4 input/4 output USB 2.0 audio and MIDI interface that allows for monitoring with low-latency effects. Using the computer’s CPU and PreSonus Virtual StudioLive software, the interface provide reverb and delay effects and the same Fat Channel compression, limiting, semi-parametric EQ, and high-pass filter, as the PreSonus StudioLive 16.0.2 digital mixer, all with inaudible latency.
Compact and rugged, the interface offers two front-panel microphone/instrument combo and two microphone/line combo inputs, global phantom power, and six line-level outputs. It features the same high-headroom, Class-A XMAX preamps as the StudioLive mixers, and has 24-bit/96kHz converters with 114dB dynamic range for clear, clean audio.
The preamplifiers offer three key advantages – high voltage, discrete components and Class-A circuitry. The net result is low noise, wide dynamic range, extended frequency response, and most importantly, musicality and transparency. The unit is housed in a ruggedly built metal chassis. Clip lights are provided for all channels.
The interface includes an 8 x 4 software mixer that along with a laptop or other computer running VSL allows you to mix a studio session or a live show featuring, say, a guitar duo with vocals, a small band, a DJ rig with mixer and stereo synthesizer, or a panel discussion, all while monitoring and recording with or without real-time processing.
Seamlessly integrated with the included Studio One Artist DAW and VSL, the AudioBox 44VSL interface works with virtually all Mac and Windows audio-recording software.
- 4 input/4 output 24-bit/96kHz USB 2.0 recording interface
- 2 Class-A XMAX microphone/instrument preamps
- 2 Class-A XMAX microphone/line preamps
- Individual input channel-trim controls with 0 to +35dBu microphone gain range
- 2 balanced 1/4″ TRS phone main outputs with level control
- 4 balanced 1/4″ TRS phone auxiliary line outputs
- Headphone amplifier with level control
- Mixer control (blends the input signal with the computer playback stream for zero-latency analog monitoring)
- VSL (Virtual Studio Live) 8 x 4 Kernel mode DSP mixer with StudioLive 16.0.2 Fat Channel dynamics processing and EQ for each analog input and its DAW return and two stereo effects buses with reverb and delay
- VSL includes more than 50 Fat Channel DSP presets for enhancing instrument and vocal recordings
- Near-zero-latency monitoring with extensive signal processing
- Analog monitor mixing with playback/input mix control knob
- Power/USB sync LED
- Clip lights for each channels
- Globally-switchable phantom power
- MIDI I/O
- Rugged metal chassis
- 1/2-rack unit form factor
- Includes Studio One Artist software with unlimited track count and over 4GB of third-party resources
- Includes Studio Magic Plug-In Suite with Maag Audio EQ 2, SPL Attacker, Arturia Instruments and more
|Sample Rates||44.1, 48, 88.4 and 96kHz|
|Inputs||4 x Combo XLR female|
|Input Impedance||Microphone: 10kΩ Line: 10kΩ Instrument: 1MΩ|
|Maximum Input Level||+21dBu, <0.5% THD|
|Gain||Microphone: -15dB to +65dB Line: -20dB to +20dB Instrument: -30dB to +50dB|
|Outputs||6 x 1/4" TRS phone 1 x 1/4" TRS phone Headphone|
|Output Impedance||Line: 51Ω|
|Maximum Output Level||Line: +10dBu, <0.5% THD Headphone: 120mW/channel @ 60Ω load|
|MIDI||2 x 5-pin DIN I/O|
|Dynamic Range||114dB (ADC and DAC) @ 48kHz, A-weighted|
|THD + N||Microphone: 0.002%, +4dBu, 1kHz, unity gain, 22kHz BW, A-weighted Line Input: 0.002%, +4dBu, 1kHz, unity gain, 22kHz BW, A-weighted Instrument Input: 0.003%, +4dBu, 1kHz, unity gain, 22kHz BW, A-weighted Line Output: 0.003%, +4dBu, 1kHz, unity gain, 22kHz BW, A-weighted Headphone: 0.01%, +4dBu, 1kHz, unity gain, 20kHz BW, A-weighted|
|S/N Ratio||Microphone: 98dB, +4dBu, 1kHz, unity gain, 22kHz BW, A-weighted Line Input: 98dB, +4dBu, 1kHz, unity gain, 22kHz BW, A-weighted Instrument Input: 89dB, +4dBu, 1kHz, unity gain, 22kHz BW, A-weighted Line Output: 109dB, 1kHz, 22kHz BW, A-weighted Headphone: 90dB, 1kHz, maximum gain, 20kHz BW, unweighted|
|Noise||Microphone EIN: -133dB, 20kHz BW, maximum gain, Rs=40Ω, A-weighted|
|Frequency Response||Microphone: 20Hz to 22kHz, +/-0.25dB, unity gain Line Input: 20Hz to 22kHz, +/-0.25dB, unity gain Instrument Input: 20Hz to 22kHz, +/-0.25dB, unity gain Line Output: 20Hz to 22kHz, +/-0.25dB Headphone: 20Hz to 22kHz, +/-0.5dB, maximum gain|
|Phantom Power||48V, global switching|
|Controls||Trim Mains Phones Mixer 48V|
|Power||12 VDC external power supply (included) 1A, center-positive|
|Compatibility||ASIO, Core Audio, WDM, MME and multi-client drivers|
|System Requirements||Mac Intel Core 1 Solo 1.5GHz processor (Intel Core Duo or Intel Xeon processor recommended) OS X 10.6 or later (32- and 64-bit) 1GB RAM (2GB or more recommended) USB 2.0 Port DVD-ROM drive (required to install Studio One Artist) Internet connection recommendedPC Intel Pentium IV 1.6GHz processor or AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Turion) (2.8GHz or faster recommended) Windows Vista, Windows 7 (32- and 64-bit) 1GB RAM (2GB or more recommended) USB 2.0 Port DVD-ROM drive (required to install Studio One Artist) Internet connection recommended|
Based on 0 reviews
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.