The PC3LE6 from Kurzweil is a 61-key performance keyboard with over 1050 instruments, over 700 effects chains, and 16 arpeggiators. It provides grand pianos, vintage electric pianos, realistic orchestral instruments, Clavinets, Mellotrons, synths, drums, basses, and more. The PC3LE6 utilizes Kurzweil’s V.A.S.T. synthesis engine which pairs the detailed programming of hundreds of effect and synthesizer parameters with top-notch samples to produce the detailed and realistic sounds.
The PC3LE6 features the same chip technology found in Kurzweil’s acclaimed PC3 series keyboards. It provides active keyboardists who are playing in bands, solo performances, and in ensembles with particularly good sounding vintage keys, organs, and synths. There are also 200 programs that are exclusive to the PC3LE6. Navigating through all of these instruments is fast and effortless with its 20 dedicated category buttons.
You can have up to 10 insert effects running on the PC3LE6. This includes stunning reverbs, phasers, flangers, and choruses, as well as warm and beefy distortions. Whenever you pull up a new sound, the 8 backlit drum pads will load up an accompanying drum kit. The sensitive pads can also be used to trigger sounds, sequences, chords, and arpeggiations. For gigging, recording, or rehearsals, the PC3LE6 offers loads of useful instruments with a user-friendly and ultimately flexible workflow.
- User settings can be captured and saved with a single button press; supports loading PC3 programs
- Factory presets: PC3 sound set, including Base ROM, Orchestral, Classic Keys, String Section, General MIDI set, and over 70 KB3 programs with total of over 800 programs
- Factory MIDI setups: 256 factory-programmed MIDI setups; up to 2,048 user-programmable MIDI setups, each with 16 independent zones, effects, and triggerable pattern-based “Riffs” and arpeggiator settings; dozens of user-editable patterns for both pitch and velocity
- General MIDI: Standard
- User memory: 2,048 locations for user-created preset programs, songs, and setups
- Sequencer: 16 tracks, 960-PPQ resolution; song-editing functions include both event and track-based tools, including quantize, swing, remap, controller scaling and more; controller chasing and quick “set song loop point” functions are also included
- Effects: 10 insert effects distributed over 10 buses, 1 auxiliary send; over 500 of our award-winning effects: reverbs, delays, chorus, flange, phaser, EQs, distortions, rotary speaker simulators, compressors, and more
- Controllers: Pitch wheel, modulation wheel, 5 front-panel knobs (15 virtual knobs with a 2-tiered shift button), 7 front-panel switches (momentary or toggle, software selectable), 2 switch-pedal inputs, 1 continuous control-pedal input and mono pressure. Controller values can be “captured” and stored as part of a program. In addition to all of these, the PCLE6 also features 8 backlit velocity-sensitive drum pads that can be used to trigger sounds, sequences, chords, and arpeggiations.
- Arpeggiator: 16 full-featured independent arpeggiators with multiple latch modes, selectable play order, velocity, duration, tempo, and sync functions, as well as pre-recorded beats and musical phrases
- Riffs: 16 simultaneous “Riff” generators (used for triggering MIDI-sequenced phrases, beats, or complete multitrack arrangements from notes on the keyboard and/or any onboard physical controller)
- Analog outputs: 2 ¼” balanced TRS analog (24-bit DACs)
- Headphones: 1 rear-panel ¼” headphone output
- Digital outputs: 24-bit, stereo S/PDIF at 48K (internal clock)
- MIDI: Input, output, throughput
- USB: Host port for connecting a USB thumb drive and a device port that allows the PC3LE6 to load and save data directly to and from a computer, perform OS updates, and send/receive MIDI over USB
- FREE OS updates: Flash ROM upgradable via USB or thumb drive
|Keyboard||Fatar TP-8: 61-note semi-weighted action with velocity and aftertouch sensitive keys|
|Polyphony||64 voice polyphony, dynamically allocated, lightning fast performance|
|Multitimbral||16 parts (one per MIDI channel)|
|Synthesis Method||PC3 sound engine, complete with anti-aliased VA oscillators and KB3 Mode. Important synth and effects parameters can be accessed and adjusted via the PC3LE6's front panel knobs and buttons, user settings can be captured and saved with a single button press. Supports loading PC3 programs.|
|Presets||PC3 sound set, including Base ROM, Orchestral, Classic Keys, String Section, General MIDI set and over 70 KB3 programs with total of over 800 programs|
|Sequencer||16 tracks, 960 PPQ resolution. Song editing functions include both event and track-based tools like quantize, swing, remap, controller scaling and more. Controller chasing and quick "set song loop point" functions are also included|
|Record and Playback||Yes|
|User Memory||2048 locations for user created preset programs, songs and setups|
|Effects||10 insert effects distributed over 10 busses, one auxiliary send, featuring over 500 effects: reverbs, delays, chorus, flange, phaser, EQs, distortions, rotary speaker simulators, compressors, and more|
|Controllers||Pitch wheel Modulation wheel 5 front panel knobs (15 virtual knobs with a two-tiered shift button) 7 front panel switches (momentary or toggle, software selectable) 2 switch pedal inputs 1 continuous control pedal input and mono pressure 8 backlit velocity-sensitive drum padsController values can be "captured" and stored as part of a program.|
|Inputs/Outputs||Analog Outputs: 2 x 1/4" balanced TRS analog (24-bit DACs) Headphones: 1 x rear panel 1/4" headphone output Digital Outputs: 24-bit, stereo S/PDIF featuring at 48 kHz(internal clock) MIDI: In, Out, Thru USB: MIDI over USB. Also allows the PC361 to load and save data directly to and from a computer as well as perform OS updates.|
|Display||240 x 64 backlit LCD w/ dedicated back panel contrast control|
|Power||Internal AC power supply Automatic selection 90-250V AC operation|
|Dimensions||5 x 14.5 x 41.5" (12.7 x 36.83 x 105.41cm)|