The TUBE ULTRAGAIN MIC500USB Vacuum Tube Preamplifier from Behringer gives you the sound quality of a vintage tube preamp and a high-end DI box all-in-one, plus a built-in USB audio interface that lets you record straight to your computer. The hand-selected 12AX7 tube and preamplifier can be used to warm up a signal fast, giving it depth and character in applications for recordings, live sound, podcasts, voice-overs, and more.
Featuring XLR and 1/4″ TRS connectors, the preamplifier has +48V phantom power so you can use high-quality condenser mics. There is a rotary switch with 16-preamp voicings, which covers a wide range of applications for vocals, acoustic and electric guitars, bass, keyboards, and more. Other features include a powerful headphone output with level control knob and direct monitor select switch.
Additionally, you can connect directly to your Windows or Mac computer via a single USB cable. Now any signal source you connect to the MIC500USB can be recorded directly to your hard drive. Furthermore, Tracktion DAW software for composing, recording, editing, mixing, and sharing your music with the world is also included via a download link.
- The TUBE ULTRAGAIN MIC500USB’s hand-selected 12AX7 vacuum tube gives everything from microphones to acoustic guitars, or bass guitars a vintage tube vibe in a dependable and ultra-affordable package.
- For studio and live applications, the balanced XLR and 1/4″ TRS inputs give you the maximum flexibility in either environment. The MIC500USB’s controls consists of: switches for +48V phantom power, 20 dB pad, phase reverse and limiter, plus vintage-style gain and output knobs.
- There are 16 unique preamp voicings that cover a wide-range of applications including vocals, acoustic and electric guitars, bass, keyboards, and more.
- The built-in audio interface can connect directly to your Mac or Windows computer via a single USB cable.
- Tracktion software is included that lets you compose, record, edit, mix and share your music with the world. It is a single-screen interface that gives you all the tools of an entire professional-grade recording studio.
What’s in the Box
- Behringer TUBE ULTRAGAIN MIC500USB Vacuum Tube Preamplifier
- Power Adapter
|Number of Channels||Single|
|Inputs||1 x XLR microphone 1 x 1/4" (6.3 mm) TRS instrument / line 1 x 1/4" (6.3 mm) TRS Hi-Z 2 x channels from USB|
|Input Impedance||Mic IN: 3 kOhms balanced / 1.5 kOhms unbalanced Instrument In: 800 kOhms|
|Maximum Input Level||Mic: +1 dBu line: +22 dBu Hi-Z: +12 dBu with pad|
|Output||1 x 1/4" (6.3 mm) TRS direct output 1 x 1/4" (6.3 mm) TRS stereo, headphone output 2 x channels to USB|
|Output Impedance||Direct Out: 480 Ohms balanced, 240 Ohms unbalanced Headphone Out: 24 Ohms minimum|
|Maximum Output Level||+22 dBu direct output +22 dBu headphone output|
|Controls||Gain: Variable (+26 dB to +60 dB) Output: Variable (∞ to +20 dB) Preamp Mode Control: Selection of various preamp models for mic and instruments|
|Pads||20 dB level attenuation|
|Phantom Power||-48 V|
|Low Cut Filters||High-pass filter (cut-off frequency 90 Hz)|
|Headphones||Mono mix of mic/Hi-Z preamp out and line in|
|Display||Input Level LEDs: -24, -18, -12, -6, 0, +6, +12, clip (dB)|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||90 dB, A-weighted @ -20 dBu input level|
|Frequency Response||10 Hz to 71 kHz (+0/-3 dB) mic / Hi-Z Direct Out Monitor: 10 Hz to 65 kHz (+0 / -3 dB) line input|
|USB Port||USB 2.0, type B|
|Power Supply||12 VDC, 1000 mA power adapter|
|Power Consumption||7 W|