The DCX2496 ULTRADRIVE PRO from Behringer is a digital loudspeaker management system, that provides excellent audio quality, along with a comprehensive feature list. It allows for precise set-up of multiple loudspeaker arrays, suitable for live sound, fixed installations that require control of loudspeaker systems, and other contractor-installed applications.
Powerful Loudspeaker Management
The Behringer Ultra-Drive Pro DCX2496 is your workhorse tool for the exacting set-up of multiple loudspeaker systems or arrays. The DCX2496 gives you superb AKM 24-bit/96kHz digital converters for exceptional signal integrity and a robust dynamic range of 113dB. You also get four different mono and stereo output operating modes, your choice of Butterworth, Bessel and Linkwitz-Riley filters, adjustable delays for all inputs and outputs, limiters across all output channels, and a potpourri of EQ options. If you’ve got a passel of loudspeakers to manage, you need Behringer’s Ultra-Drive Pro DCX2496.
Behringer Ultra-Drive Pro DCX2496 at a Glance:
- Max flexibility
- Have it your way
- Control freak
The Behringer Ultra-Drive Pro DCX2496 is all about giving you massive flexibility. With its 3 analog inputs (one works as a digital stereo AES/EBU input) and 6 analog outputs, you get maximum flexibility in just one rack space. High-end AKM 24-bit/96kHz D/A and A/D converters give you major signal integrity and a breathtaking dynamic range of 113dB. Effortless connection of external digital signals (with sampling rates from 32 to 96kHz) is a cinch with the DCX2496’s built-in sample rate converter. You get exacting dynamic EQs for level-dependent equalization and highly musical parametrics, selectable for all inputs and outputs. “Zero-attack” limiters across all output channels guarantee optimized signal and loudspeaker safety.
Have it your way
The Behringer Ultra-Drive Pro DCX2496 gives you four different mono/stereo output operating modes, all having individual crossover filter types (Butterworth, Bessel and Linkwitz-Riley) with selectable roll-off characteristics from 6 to 48dB/octave. You also get adjustable delays for all inputs and outputs, letting you manually or automatically correct for variables such as room temperature, phase, and arrival time discrepancies. A sum signal can easily be extracted from the three inputs.
You’ll appreciate the Behringer Ultra-Drive Pro DCX2496’s future-proof design. Ultradrive Pro software allows single- or multi-remote control via PC through RS-232 and RS-485 protocols. Further, the link option via RS-485 network interface enables cascading of several Ultra-Drive Pros. (Windows-based editing software is available for free download.) The DCX2496’s open architecture ensures effortless software updates, and its PCMCIA slot lets you store your settings and recall them anytime you change locations. Now, that’s powerful! That’s the Behringer Ultra-Drive Pro DCX2496.
- 3 analog inputs (one suitable as digital stereo AES/EBU input) and 6 analog outputs for maximum flexibility
- 24-bit/96kHz A/D and D/A converters for ultimate signal integrity and wide dynamic range (113dB)
- Integrated sample rate converter for easy connection of external digital signals
- Dynamic EQs for level-dependent equalization and highly musical Parametric EQs, selectable for all ins and outs
- Multiple EQ types (LP/BP/HP) for each input and output
- “Zero-attack” limiters on all output channels for optimal speaker protection
- Four different mono and stereo output operating modes
- Individual crossover filter types (Butterworth, Bessel and Linkwitz-Riley) with selectable roll-off characteristics
- Adjustable Delays for all inputs and outputs
- Servo-balanced, gold-plated XLR connectors for all inputs and outputs
- Internal switch-mode power supply for 100-240V flexibility, superior audio performance, and energy efficiency
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
Manage your loudspeakers with the Behringer Ultra-Drive Pro DCX2496!
What's in the box
|Number of Channels||6|
|Presets - User||60|
|Analog Inputs||3 x XLR|
|Analog Outputs||6 x XLR|
|Manufacturer Part Number||DCX2496|