Unique Condenser Microphones Effective For Home And Studio Voice Recording
(Available At Different Affordable Prices To Meet Every Budget)
In this discussion, our major focus will be on those large diaphragm condenser microphones that are mostly used in home studio for singing, voice recording, podcasting, guitars and lots more.
Condenser microphones are popularly known for their perfect sensitivity and audio quality. Basically, they possess a wider range of frequency response and transient response better. These major attributes differentiates them from other dynamic microphones. They can also be referred to as capacitor microphones.
For them to function, they require to be powered with batteries or phantom power and operate better for a studio recording or in an environment where background noise can be controlled.
Some of these microphones have the capacity to record different pickup patterns from the standard cardioid pattern, basically used with single – capsule models. They are also able to do this because, they have more than one mic capsule and this feature makes them a bit expensive than others. E.g. Of such microphones is Behringer B-2.
As there is variation in the cost of condenser microphone, so also it is in their connections, most of them uses X-Linked Recessive (XLR) connection, a few of them uses USB connections.
Some Brands and Models of Condenser Microphone
NT1-A: Is a multi- pattern Dual or large 1” capsule with gold plated diaphragm cardioid polar pattern condenser mic. Its kit includes the mic, detachable pop filter, shock mount, XLR cable (6m) and also dust cover.
- Ultra low noise
- It has a wide dynamic range of 132dB
- It has signal-to-noise ratio of 88dB
- Frequency response of 20Hz-20kHz
- It requires 48V Phantom power to power it.
NT2-A: This is a multi- pattern mic; it is a large 1” HF1 gold sputtered capsule studio microphone. The kit includes the mic, shock mount, pop filter, pouch and XLR cables.
- Ability to pickup patterns such as cardioid, omni and figure-8.
- It has pad of 0dB, -5dB and -10dB.
- It also has a high-pass filter of 0dB, 40Hz and 80Hz
- It weighs 860 grams or nearly 2 Ib which makes it fairly heavy thus requires a quality mic stand.
C01: This is a wide large diaphragm condenser microphone, it’s very delicate and clear pickup extent. It is equipped with a random job lined foam plastic box.
- Large diaphragm studio condenser
- 19mm Capsule with 3-micron diaphragm
- Smooth and transparent sound reproduction
- Hypercardioid pick-up pattern
- 36-52V Phantom power operation with blue LED
- Internal Shock-mount
- Extended frequency response
- Solid Die Cast Construction
This is one of the best brands with a lot of models. Some of the models includes
B-1: A gold sputtered large diaphragm condenser studio microphone. Specially designed for projects and professional studio applications. It is an all-around studio mic. Its kit includes the mic, carrying case, shockmount and windscreen.
- Versatile microphone at a low price is ideal for home and project studios
- Low-cut filter lets you record without low-end rumble
- Switchable 10dB pad allows you to record louder sound sources
- Aluminium storage case for easy transport and safe storage
- Requires +48V phantom power
Perception 420: Is a multi-pattern large diaphragm condenser mic. Usually used for a higher demanding professional studio recording application.
- Dual 1″ True Condenser Capsules
- 3 Selectable Polar Patterns
- -20 dB Pad
- Low-Cut Filter at 300 Hz
- 155 dB Maximum SPL
- All Metal Body
- Spider Shockmount
- Aluminium Carry Case
Kindly visit our website www.gopandy.com for more information on condenser studio microphones, their Brands, models, features and prices.